|Silicon Ink Property Network: International||View 4 properties for sale in the United States|
|International||Submit an Advert | My Silicon Ink | Sign in | Register|
Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Given Answers1. What is Silicon Ink?
Silicon Ink is an independent property market place. We are not property agents or sellers, and we have no financial interest in the sale of any properties advertised on our sites. Our interest is in producing the most efficient and functional system for buying and selling property that we can.
2. Who is Silicon Ink?
Silicon Ink is a trademark of Santa Monica Airlines Ltd. Santa Monica Airlines is a UK limited company specialising in the operation of own-brand Internet services.
3. Can you provide me with more information about a property that is advertised?
Probably not. All advertisements placed on Silicon Ink are listed by the owners or agents for the property being offered. We know nothing more about the listings on the site, than what is detailed in the advertisements. Please contact the advertiser directly for more information about the property being offered.
4. How do I update or delete my advert?
You can update or delete your advertisement by logging into Silicon Ink from the Members Sign in page with the username and password you selected at the time of posting your advert.
5. I have forgotten my password, how do I login?
Enter your username into the password retrieval tool, and we will send you a new password.
6. Why did my advert disappear from the site?
We routinely remove adverts that do not comply with the advertising criteria posted on the advert submissions pages. We are absolutely serious about maintaining the standard and quality of the listings on our sites, and all adverts submitted to the site are reviewed by us. Adverts that do not comply with the publicly stated criteria, are removed without further notice.
7. Why can't I get my photographs uploaded?
Photo uploads can fail for any of a number of reasons. The image file may be in the wrong format, or the size of the image file exceeds the stated maximum, or you may be experiencing the effects of poor file-upload support in Internet Explorer.
8. I want an email enquiry link on my advert, how do I enable this?
You can enable the 'Send Enquiry' link on your advertisement by following the link included in the 'Silicon Ink email verification' email that was sent to your email address at the time of advert submission. You can request a new verification email by typing the word 'help' into the 'Enable email enquiries' box in the privacy settings section of the advert editor.
9. Can I advertise my business on Silicon Ink with a graphic link?
Yes, please give us a call on +44 (0)870 626 0641 to discuss your requirements.
11. Do you sell email addresses?
No. Absolutely not. We never have, and we never will. We guarantee it.
12. Can you give me a link to my website?
Maybe. If you qualify for inclusion in our Directory, your entry can include a link to your website. Please register and submit your company's details for inclusion in the directory.
15. Where's your email address?
We don't publish our email addresses on the web, and we strongly discourage our advertisers from doing so. Placing an email address on a public website is a sure-fire way to end up getting spammed. If you wish to email us, please enter your message into our contact form, and we'll get right back to you either by phone or by email.
16. I want to send you an attachment, but there's no way to send it through your contact form...
That's by design. In this age of chronic virus infections, we do not want unsolicited email attachments sent to us. If you wish to send an attachment for our attention, please send a message through our contact form first, explaining what the attachment is, and why you want to send it to us. Thank you for your understanding.
18. I can't get logged in to my advert. Every time I use the password retrieval page, it sends me a different password!
We generate a new random password every time the retrieval page is used. This is to avoid exposing sensitive personal passwords in clear text email communications. You must use the new randomly generated password in order to access your advert.
19. Your password retrieval page doesn't work. I've tried it several times now, and it never sends my login info!
The server sends the information to the address recorded in our database. If you don't receive it, it's because the address you have entered with the advert is incorrect. You will have to contact us to have this error corrected.
20. Advert XYZ doesn't have an email link, can you send me the advertiser's email address?
No. We will not under any circumstances divulge advertiser email addresses to third parties. If the advert does not have an email link, then the only option is to call the telephone number on the advert.
22. I'm thinking about buying a property from XYZ Properties. How do I know that they are a bona fide company and that I won't get ripped off?
You don't. You must do your homework, and satisfy yourself that you are dealing with a reputable seller. We undertake no verification of the credentials of any advertiser on Silicon Ink. It is simply not possible for us to do this, and we make no representations about any advertiser or vessel listed on any of our sites.
23. Am I being routed via a premium rate phone number when I call up to enquire about an advertisement?
No. Unlike most of our competitors, we do not force you to call a premium rate phone number when you telephone an advertiser. All phone numbers published on Silicon Ink are available to call at normal telephone service rates.